The region's only high school quiz show
Sundays at 7pm on WVIA-TV
WVIA On Demand - Click here
This high school academic quiz show, produced in partnership with NEIU 19, challenges top students from WVIA’s member school districts about all academic disciplines. Contestants try to answer questions more quickly than members of the opposite team. At the end of the Scholastic Scrimmage season the winning school is awarded $5,000, with second place receiving $3,000 and third place receiving $1,000. The winning team also receives medals, a plaque for their high school's trophy case, and the bragging rights of being the very best. Grades 9-12
Want to get your school involved with Scrimmage? Contact Andrea O'Neill, Scholastic Scrimmage Producer at (570) 602 1182 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watch Full Episodes at WVIA On-Demand
- Abington Heights vs. Mid Valley (Originally aired January 19, 2014)
- West Scranton vs. North Pocono (Originally aired January 19, 2014)
- Forest City vs. Lakeland (Originally aired January 12, 2014)
- Montrose vs. Riverside (Originally aired December 29, 2013)
- Elk Lake vs. Mountain View (Originally aired December 22, 2013)
- Old Forge vs. Honesdale (Originally aired December 15, 2013)
- Dunmore vs. Western Wayne (Originally aired December 8, 2013)
- Scranton vs. Wallenpaupack (Originally aired December 1, 2013)
- Forest City vs. Blue Ridge (Originally aired November 24, 2013)
- Western Wayne vs. Valley View (Originally aired November 17, 2013)
2012-2013 Scholastic Scrimmage finalists
1st place champs - Montrose receive a $5,000 check from Chesapeake.
Pictured (L to R): John Koloski, Alex Woodward, David Koloski, Courtney Kimmell, Sean Regan, Adam Wurth and Jane Clements, Manager of Community Affairs at Chesapeake Energy Corporation
2nd place - Lewisburg receive a $3,000 check from Chesapeake.
Pictured(L to R):Mike Creeger, Tynan Dion, Jamie Ptacek, Megan Wright, Max Ororbia, Amelia Harrison and Jane Clements, Manager of Community Affairs at Chesapeake Energy Corporation
3rd place - Wyoming Area receive a $1,000 check from Chesapeake.
Pictured(L to R): Stormy Ruiz, Gared Zaboski, Jane Clements, Manager of Community Affairs at Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Leslie Shumlas, Molly Kearns, Greg Cajka, Lisa Guido, and Ed Grivensky
2011-2012 Scholastic Scrimmage finalists
1st place champs - Lewisburg (Mr. Michael Creeger - advisor, Andrew Fox, Sarah Lipski, Alice Meng, Ally Hartzell, Laura Sprunt, Mr. David Himes - principal and Peter Csernica) receive a $5,000 check from Mike Narcavage from Chesapeake.
2nd place - Montrose (Mr. John Koloski - advisor, Thomas Davenport, Andrew Wood, Nicholas Best, Christopher Jordan, Amanda Rucker, and David Koloski) receive a $3,000 check from Mike Narcavage from Chesapeake
3rd place - Wyoming Area (Ms. Jessica Werbin - advisor, Gared Zaboski, Davide Fanelli, Greg Cajka, Leslie Shumlas, and Audrey Hiedacavage) receive a $1,000 check from Mike Narcavage from Chesapeake.
Hazleton, the 2010-2011 Champions, celebrate their win as their advisor receives the 1st place prize of $5,000 from sponsor Chesapeake Energy